Skip to content

Knitting Again OR She’s Got a Lot of Gall!

November 12, 2009

Wow. I really think I’m funny sometimes and then it backfires on me.

Blog post name = FAIL

But let me try to explain. Does anyone remember Rocky and Bullwinkle? I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle. At the end of each short they would say something like, “Don’t miss tomorrow’s exciting episode, ‘Summer Squash or He’s Too Flat for Me!”

Well, that was always my favorite part because the titles always cracked me up, so I thought I’d try one myself. Definitely not as humourous as I’d hoped!

Anyway, it’s been an interesting week so far. I went to the hospital on Sunday for terrible abdominal pains. I’d had the pains before, but I’d finally decided that if it happened again I was going to the hospital. The pain becomes so terrible that I can’t take care of The Bug and really can’t do much of anything but sit and be miserable.

The Husband came home and watched Bug while I drove myself up to the hospital to get checked out. Upon arrival I was happy to see that my labor and delivery nurse, Logan, was going to be my nurse in the ER. We chatted a little about his new son and other things while he took my vitals and information.

The Dr. came in after a while. His name was Dr. Oduntayo and he was very severe looking, glasses precariously perched on the bridge of his nose, surveying me over the top of them; kind of how your teacher would look at you when you would get in trouble at school as a young rapscallion. He had me lay down, which hurt worse that sitting up, and poked around my abdomen. He found a spot on my right side that really hurt and started talking about having a diagnostic ultrasound or CT Scan.

(He looked like he was about to walk out immediately after he punched my gallbladder, but my good little nurse Logan said, “And some pain medicine? Can we get her something for pain?” I loved him. I could have kissed him for making sure I got something for pain!)

They got me some very nice pain medicine + anti-vomiting (haha) meds and I was good to go. But I was definitely in space cadet mode after that; they gave me narcotics so I’ve been itching all week!. They wanted me to wait until 4 p.m. since I’d eaten earlier in the day, to try and get a CT Scan. At about 4 I guess they decided I would have to wait until Tuesday and discharged me.

The Husband and The Bug came to pick me up and take me home. I slept from the time I got home until the next morning. The Husband took care of everything really well while I was unconcious; he and Bug even got some smiling done for the video camera!

Monday afternoon I had another episode and had to go back to the ER since my Dr.’s office was booked all afternoon. The pain was much more severe; so much so that I didn’t want to talk at all because it increased the pain. I called my friend and had her drive me to the hospital. She’s a lifesaver!

I didn’t have to stay long that trip, just long enough to get checked in, get my shots and have them say, “Thanks for the $1000, don’t let the door hit you on the way out!” Oh and did I mention they told me not to eat anything with ANY fat in it or it might set my GB off again? I’ve been living on broth, bread, gatorade and fat free jello since Tuesday; talk about a crash diet!! (I’m going to look for other fat free things at the store on my lunch)

Finally on Tuesday I got to have my ultrasound with Chuck, whose 6 year old son wants to be a paleintologist. He was nice but I had to do a lot of breath holding so he could take pictures of my guts. He found my gallbladder and told me I have a veritable “jewelry box” of stones. I thanked Chuck and told him I hope his son gets to be a paleintologist some day.

Now I’m waiting for the consult with the surgeon on Tuesday at 10:45.

On a lighter note, I’ve almost finished my darling Bug’s baby sweater. It took me a little while to determine how best to work with the sleeve stitches. You see, my goal was to knit the whole sweater without having to sew a single seam.

To do this, the sweater needs to be knitted from the top down: starting at the collar (or yoke), down to the shoulders (where you separate the stitches to make the sleeves, from the body of the sweater), and then complete the rest of the body. This sweater will be one that is supposed to have buttons on the front, but I’m not really sure that I can make the button holes properly…. so far my buttons holes, well, suck.

Here’s a link to some really nice ones that people have knitted from my favorite knitting site, Ravelry:

Anyway, I plan on taking some pictures of it to share with everyone soon. We’re going to Amarillo this weekend so I’ll buy the yarn to finish it while we’re there.

We’re also going to the World Championship Ranch Rodeo tomorrow and the horse sale on Saturday. I think it will be a lot of fun. I’ve got a hotel booked for us to stay tomorrow night so we don’t have to drive home and can stay and do things in Amarillo on Saturday. I’ve got to pack our bags tonight so we can leave as soon as I get off work at 3 (I’m working my lunch and leaving just a little early.)

The Husband’s excited that we’re taking The Bug to her first ranch rodeo (and her second horse sale.) I wish she fit into her little blue jeans, but she’s still pretty small. I’m going to try them on her tonight. I’ll post pictures of her outfit and hopefully of us at the event on Monday!

It’s going to be a good weekend!

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: